Tuesday 26 June 2012

WIAW - a birthday lunch

Sorry I haven't really posted much in the last couple of weeks. Being home has made me infinitely more lazy and I've been spending a fair bit of time out of the house and not near the kitchen. Which means unfortunantly few recipes have been developed. So I decided I might as well participate in WIAW, as it is one of the few things I actually still do.

As usual, a huge thanks to Jenn for hosting the party - go check her out at Peas and Crayons. This week my eats are from Sunday, which was when my family had a lunch for my aunt for her birthday.


Breakfast was two pieces of wholegrain toast with apricot jam and canola spread.


When I got back from playing tennis with my Dad (I won again), I had half a small bread roll (unpictured).

Lunch was a birthday lunch, so being Italian, lasagne was obviously on the menu. Along with garlic cheese bread, an asian-ish salad, a chocolate cupcake and a tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. We made two lots of cupcakes - chocolate and apple pie.




I wasn't too hungry when dinner rolled around, so I had plain oats with the best Australian honey out there.


And now I shall leave you with two plates made by me and my brother when we were in preschool. You can tell I put a lot of effort into mine and he didn't. They're quite cute plates. And yes, I did black out the name of my school.


8 comments:

  1. Yum, oats with honey sounds like a good combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those plates are awesome!! Your food looks great too. I love your social media buttons too btw...so cute and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a fun time Bec! Gosh do I loveee lasagna, and cupcakes to boot :) The plates are great too girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you're Italian. I am too (well half Italian) and lasagne, pasta and/or stuffed eggplants are ALWAYS on the menu when we get together. I love homemade lasagne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute plates! I love the cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those plates! It is always so much fun to find things around the house from the younger years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lasagna + garlic bread = great birthday lunch :)

    ReplyDelete