I decided to do this cute little survey for WIAW this week. It's just a cute little music survey. If you guys have done any, link me to them so I can give them a go!
1. She's So Mean - Matchbox Twenty; The Fighter - Gym Class Heroes; Turn Me On - The Fray; Fun - Amy Meredith; 50 Ways to Say Goodbye - Train. I'm into the pop at the moment haha - this is not an accurate representation of what I usually like - this is just the stuff I feel like at the moment.
2. Holy Grail - Hunters and Collectors
3. Become - Goo Goo Dolls. One of my favourite songs ever.
4. Scars and Stories - The Fray. It's brilliant.
5. Amy Meredith. AGES ago. No one good is coming to Brisbane, except for Coldplay, and I won't be here.
6. Anything by One Direction. I'm not saying this is a good thing.
7. Anything by the Goo Goo Dolls.
8. The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance. This was like the soundtrack to my life in high school.
9. Say You Like Me - We The Kings.
10. Goo Goo Dolls. It always is.
11. Johnny Rzeznik. Haha, I cheated there.
12. Rock. Soft-rock, Indie-rock, rock-pop. Anything like that. You can't tell from this here, but I like a lot of 80's bands and early 90's.
13. Love and Memories - OAR.
14. "Maybe we're all different but we're still the same. We all got the blood of Eden running through our veins...And you feel you're drowning in the shadow of a doubt. Everyone's a miracle in their own way" - Welcome to Wherever You Are - Bon Jovi.
15. Yes. Absolutely.
What about you guys - favourite bands, favourite music? Any thing you can recommend?
And onto the real reason why you're here - the food. As usual, a huge thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons for this blogger party. We are meant to be discussing our favourite things about summer this month as part of WIAW. It's winter here. However we were just informed by the news that it is colder in London right now then here. And we're all rugged up in coats and scarves, while everyone in London is in shorts complaining about the heat.
Now, as for summer - I come from a place (FNQ) which is pereptually summer. I always wear dresses, shorts and singlets, I barely wear proper footwear, and I live in a bikini so its easy to jump into the pool at all times of the day. I love that because I am in uni still, I get weeks of holidays to enjoy, so I get to spend some time with my family and some with my friends. I love summer because I like the heat, and I like the rainy, hot days where you curl up on the couch and read a book. I love summer because I love summer fruit. I love summer because my birthday is practically in summer, and because I love having a hot Christmas. I love summer because I can go for picnics, swim in the lakes, go diving without freezing and spend my days reading.
Ok, now I'm done talking. Here is the food from Tuesday:
Breakfast was oats as usual; it's too cold for me to be original. So no pictures - you can't make regular oats and honey look pretty.
Lunch was MBC (Magical Breakfast Cream by Mireille Guiliano - my own version of which will be coming soon. If you haven't heard of this, go look it up. And try it. It is mind-blowingly simple yet delicious. It's also hard to take a decent picture of it. I had mine with fresh strawberries). I also had a piece of whole wheat toast, with ham, pineapple and cheese, grilled for a couple of minutes. I love this combination - it's like healthy pizza!
Dinner was a lamb and potato stew. I threw in some potato, sweet potato, onion, carrot, mushrooms and some herbs. It was served with a slice of sourdough with butter.
For dessert I gave in to a craving I had been having for days. I developed this idea a few days ago and am proud to say I finally made it. It was brilliant. If you want the recipe let me know - it's so simple, barely like a real recipe!