As many of you have noticed, there have been some changes around here. The new blog design went live on Saturday, and I'm incredibly happy with it.
It was designed by the incredibly talented and wonderfully sweet Diana Hansen of Custom Blog Designs. Diana was not only quick (this was done in the space of about a week and a half), but reasonably priced and very helpful. I sent her what had to be the most garbled outline of what I wanted the design to be and she managed to figure out exactly what I wanted and she managed to do it. She helped me get the cheapest deal possible yet she did not scrimp on the design elements I wanted. She also had to be the nicest designer I contacted and it was so easy to work with her (especially given since we live on opposite sides of the world). If anyone out there is still using Blogger and can't be bothered to change to self-hosting (like me) and wants an update, I would definitely recommend Diana.
I also just want to say that this blog will not be turning into a baking blog. I know there is a lot of mentions of cake around here lately, and I am definitely going to keep on baking, but I am still interested in healthy living and healthy eating and I believe that cake, and all desserts, is necessary to live a healthy and balanced life. I am definitely way better at baking then actually cooking, and I am still going to be trying to healthify baking, which was my original plan on this blog, but there will be some horribly sugar-filled, chocolate desserts as well.
Now, I wasn't sure what to talk about this week, so here is a list of things I have learnt in the past few weeks:
- High tea is best enjoyed alongside a chocolate buffet (QLDers - this
is a real thing. Check out the amazing Stamford Plaza in Brisbane for a
chocolate-themed high tea)
- If you fall into a coma, you may wake up to find the zombie apocalypse has taken place. Of course, if you meet someone like Glenn or Darryl as a result of said apocalypse, it wouldn't be so bad.
- Cheesecake brownies are the bomb.
- I will never get sick of watching Pitch Perfect (Rebel Wilson is a
genius and the Treblemakers final song is absolutely brilliant).
- The best way to stop stressing is just to take off and run.
- Trance screws with your mind more then Inception. Okay, not really, but you get the picture. It's an intense movie, but a must-see.
- Blog reading takes up way too much of my time.
- Just when you think Grimm is creepy enough, they do a Halloween episode.
- Conditioner always runs out before shampoo.
- I am seriously going to miss all of my holidays when I get to the real working world in 6 months time.
And on that note, I'm off for the day. I am going to get a decent night's sleep, hopefully, and probably do nothing tomorrow. Then I'll get back into my uni work as I only have a few more weeks until my semester is over.