Sunday 4 March 2012

Welcome

Hello!
My name is Bec, and this is the very first post on Half Baked. It is currently pouring with rain outside, my street is flooded, and, as our balcony is enclosed with shutters (we have shut them all to stop the rain coming in), it is dark and gloomy. And I am sick. This is not a great day for me to be sick. I wanted to start posting recipes today, but unfortunantly I can't taste anything and all I really want is hot tea and toast.

So you're probably wondering about me. I am an 18 year old university student, having studied law and creative writing before changing to journalism and falling in love with it. Ok, so I have only done journalism for a week, but so far it's been fantastic. I love writing, reading, baking, travelling, watching movies, playing tennis, walking, learning about health and nutrition, and fashion. I have, for as long as I can remember, loved writing, and only recently considered it as a career. It is something I am looking forward to persuing for the rest of my life. I was raised on books and imagination, and these are two things I carry with me - I love to read and I love to imagine. Being a novelist is an amazing dream. I have travelled, and kept a diary as I did so. When I have returned, I realised the diary was more like a food journal - where I ate, what I ate and what it was like. So I also realised how much I love food, and how I love to eat out and eat healthily. So I decided to combine the two passions and create this blog.

My aim is to provide healthy, hearty, delicious meals, with nutrition values and ideas. I love rich, delicious food that isn't going to destroy your health or figure. I also love baking, brownies, brunch, bread and chocolate. That's why I eat everything in moderation, do a little exercise each day, and somehow manage to make it through life just fine. These recipes will not be expensive or difficult, rather really simple and adaptable (hopefully) to any lifestyle - I am single and living with two university girlfriends, though I often feed them like one would a family.

So I hope you enjoyed getting to know me, and feel free to ask me any questions you please. I am looking forward to posting soon and joining the fabulous food blogging community!

0 comments:

Post a Comment